PHILOSOPHY 3345 Bioethics
OFFICE HOURS: TTh 11:15-12:45 & by appointment, James Union Building 300 (but check the message board on my door on "nice" days). I answer emails mostly during office hours, never on weekends. Best way to secure a quick response: call or come in during office hours.
TEXTS: Campbell, Bioethics: The Basics (BB); Biss, On Immunity (OI); Sacks, Gratitude; & tba
Spring Semester 2018
- Jan 16 - Classes scheduled to begin (but it snowed...)
- Jan 30 - identify midterm report groups & topics
- Feb 8 - Midterm group report presentations begin
- Feb 27 - Exam 1
- March 5-9 - Spring Break
- Apr 5 - no class, see syllabus for assignment
- Apr 10 - Final solo report presentations begin
- Apr 24 - Last class, Exam, Final solo report post installment 1 due, runs leaders declared
- May 1 - Final solo report post installment 2 due from non-exemptees
- May 5 - Commencement - Undergraduate
- May 7 - Deadline for Final Grades
T 20 - Group 4
T 27 - Group 6; Exam #1
Th 15 - OI 40-76
T 20 - OI 77-109
May 2 - 2d final solo report blog post due from all but three top run-scorers
May 8 - Deadline for Final Grades; grade queries welcome
Course requirements & grades, Spg 2018-
Don't forget to take the quiz before each class (and add your own questions, for the quiz and for discussion, in the comments section). If you come to class and ace the quiz (with six correct & non-redundant answers) you score a run.
Lottery scholarship statement. Do you have a lottery scholarship? To retain the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship eligibility, you must earn a cumulative TELS GPA of 2.75 after 24 and 48 attempted hours and a cumulative TELS GPA of 3.0 thereafter. A grade of C, D, F, FA, or I in this class may negatively impact TELS eligibility. If you drop this class, withdraw, or if you stop attending this class you may lose eligibility for your lottery scholarship, and you will not be able to regain eligibility at a later time. For additional Lottery rules, please refer to your Lottery Statement of Understanding form (http://www.mtsu.edu/financial-aid/forms/LOTFEV.pdf) or contact your MT One Stop Enrollment Coordinator (http://www.mtsu.edu/one-stop/counselor.php).