Thursday, March 28, 2019

Topic Change

I am planning to switch topics to Applied Behavior Analysis using the book Applied Behavior Analysis for Children with Neurogenetic Disorders by Elizabeth Will, Chapter 6. I am curious to see if anyone else has pivoted topics, so feel free to update your topic below if you feel so inclined.

I also feel the need to explain myself.

The reason why I researched the deaf community was I had a basis and I could learn more. Listening to everyone's topics made me realize I had stepped away from the topic that I knew the most about.

After all, I had been burned presenting about it before.

 For my sophomore speech class, wrote a speech about autism and read it to a bunch of adults in the military. If they had any contact with autism, it was not likely that it was visible or one of their peers. My audience had no questions for me or about my presentation. It was very quiet.

In this class, however, the goals have changed, everyone here is going to meet another person on the Autism Spectrum more than likely. I advocate for myself but information is the only currency that can bridge the gap from the present to the future for social change.

If you have any preceding questions, this would be a good place for those as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment