Thursday, April 28, 2016

Got a minute?

1 Minute of All-Out Exercise May Have Benefits of 45 Minutes of Moderate Exertion
For many of us, the most pressing question about exercise is: How little can I get away with? The answer, according to a sophisticated new study of interval training, may be very, very little. In this new experiment, in fact, 60 seconds of strenuous exertion proved to be as successful at improving health and fitness as three-quarters of an hour of moderate exercise.
Let me repeat that finding: One minute of arduous exercise was comparable in its physiological effects to 45 minutes of gentler sweating... (continues)
But it would be wrong. Right?

It would be wrong for me. I would not derive the "benefits" of walking away from every kind of trouble, and into an expansive space of mental freedom, if I tried to do it in a 60-second sprint.

Are people really so pressed for time? Or for motivation?

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting article and it makes sense. As far as the blood insulin levels are concerned the body would need to learn how to metabolize sugar much faster with the interval training which is most likely what compensates for the time. I will keep this in mind for my future fitness endeavors

    ReplyDelete