Thursday, April 19, 2018

Eugenics 
Hey guys so today I will be talking about eugenics. Here is the trailer of the movie that I am talking about. Please answer the quiz questions and I will be posting the discussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpzVFdDeWyo

Quiz
 Q1) Based on the trailer ,what does genetics mean? 
 Q2) T/F  In the near future will our DNA determine 
everything about us? 
 Q3) What will determine were you can work, who you 
should merry and what you’re capable of achieving? 
 Q4) How is success determined? 
 Q5) T/F Any cell from any part of your body can 
betray you? 

 Q6) How many cells do we share a day?

Discussion 
 Q1) What do you think about the GATTACA movie?
 Q2) Do you think what Ethan did was ethical?
 Q3) In your opinion, what do you think about eugenics? Would you ever do it?
 Q4) Do you thing eugenics will help us produce better generations that will be more successful? 

1 comment:

  1. Discussion questions:
    1. When that movie first came out, I watched it and thought that it would take a very long time for us to do such things but living now in 2018 and watching how we have improved our technology and science, I think it is only a matter of time when this would happen.
    2. Yes, I think he did. Obviously many people would argue this point of view but I think what he did was ethical.
    3. Yes, would absolutely do it. Especially if that can affect the outcome of down syndrome and other dangerous disease such as cancer, then yeah I would do it.
    4. Yes I believe eventually it will.

    ReplyDelete