Thursday, March 24, 2022

 Thinking about this question:  

How was Leana's job as health commissioner unlike her ER work?

I thought of local government as I thought of the ER: we had to care for everyone and no one would be turned away. But unlike the ER, where I couldn’t open Pandora’s box because there was nothing I could do about transportation, housing, or food access, local government could address these issues, and that would have a direct impact on my patients’ medical conditions. Not only could I open Pandora’s box, it was my job to do so and figure out how to address the ills that we uncovered.

Wen, Leana. Lifelines (p. 94). Henry Holt and Co.. Kindle Edition.

I connected this answer with the following local news article:

Tennessee agency releases Child Well-Being profile of Every county

by: Ben GilliamJeff Keeling

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 / 06:34 PM EDT

Updated: Mar 22, 2022 / 06:34 PM EDT

https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/tennessee-agency-releases-child-well-being-profile-of-every-county/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – The Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth (TTCY) released a full breakdown on the state of each county’s child wellbeing, and News Channel 11 has compiled an overview of each county in our coverage area below.

Articles continues here...

No comments:

Post a Comment