Thursday, April 20, 2017
The Lazarus Effect
1. Where does the title of the book originate? (What does the phrase mean)
2.. What is an expecting woman before she can be called a 'mother'? Why?
3. Why did Dr. Miller cease chest compressíons?
4. What reasoning did the parents give for their lawsuit?
5. What is important in the retelling of this case?
1. Do you think the doctor or hospital is at fault in a case such as this one? Is anyone?
2. Opinions on the 'somebody must pay' mentality?
3. Is there a disconnect between doctors and patients? Are patients dehumanized while in hospitals?